Each year, the UFCW Region One South Women’s Network provides a number of grants to UFCW members to help them pay for child care costs.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
· Applicant must be a member of UFCW or RWDSU in good standing for one (1) year
· Have a dependent child (or children) in need of childcare
· Parents must work outside of the home
· Use a qualified child care provider either licensed by the state or on file with the IRS
· Grant winners from the prior year are not eligible for the following consecutive year, but may apply in future years
Last year UFCW Local 1500 member Daniela Spatola from Stop & Shop #581 Staten Island was the 2015 winner of the UFCW Women's Network Child Day Care Grant.
Apply by downloading the application here.